Congrats, my dear students, who passed CM with the state honors!
Here is a little information for those who are not familiar with Certificate of Merit:
The Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC) sponsors an evaluation program entitled Certificate of Merit (CM).
Initiated in 1933, this prestigious program now involves over 27,000 students annually statewide. There are study guides and performance opportunities for students of piano, violin, viola, cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, voice and organ.
The Goals of the Program:
- To provide a systematic and comprehensive plan developing practical goals to help students maintain a steady and focused approach to their musical studies in:
1. Music theory
2. Performance skills
4. Ear training
- Encouraging students to strive for musical excellence.
- Creating opportunities where students can share their music with other.
Piano state honors criteria:
- Student must receive a rating of Excellent on all portions of the evaluation and be recommended by the Evaluator for SH Recital.
- Memorization requirements met as stated in the syllabus.
- The Honors selection must receive a performance rating of 5-, 5 or 5+
- Student must receive a theory score of 90% or higher